Most of available commercial software for manipulation of DICOM images is expensive by itself or distributed with expensive medical machinery. Free software packages on the other side are often non-intuitive and with limited functionality. There is common situation for the user when more than one package is needed to achieve feasible results.
The subject of the presented work is the design and implementation of software package aimed to overcome the problem stated above. It is equipped with most common tools for manipulation of DICOM images and it has an intuitive user interface. It also has the advantage of being free for use and accessible to everyone.
• Open and save medical images in DICOM format
• Read DICOM files of any manufacturer, modality and transfer syntax
• Create, open and save DICOM directory files
• Open images in common graphic formats(*.jpg, *.bmp, *.gif, etc)
• Export to the most common picture formats, movie file format(.avi) and clipboard
• Mouse-driven level-window, user-defined window presets
• Zooming and panning
• Standard and Image processing operation
• Image resize, Rotate, Flip, Invert
• and much more
• Microsoft Windows - Application is tested on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
• 15 MB free space on hard disk